Olark live chat software
Request for Quote
Construction Sealants & Adhesives
Email This Page
Save To Favorites
GE Construction Primers
SS4044P, SS4004P, SS4179 & SCP3195P
construction sealant primers
GE’s branded construction sealant primers are designed to help promote strong and consistent adhesion of GE branded construction sealants to surfaces that may be difficult to bond to. These primers are supplied ready-to-use (i.e., no mixing required) as an easily pourable solution and are intended for application to clean, dry, frost-free, sound surfaces just prior to sealant installation.
• GE’s branded construction primers are designed to enhance adhesion of GE’s branded construction products to difficult-to-bond surfaces and substrates.
Typical Performance Properties
- enhances adhesion to: anodized & painted aluminum, mill & conversion-coated aluminum, metals & galvanized metals, copper, brass, painted & stainless steel, brick, concrete, stone, terra cotta, unglazed ceramics, plastics and wood. May prove useful on other items as well.
- same as SS4044P except tinted pink for confirmation of coverage on light-colored substrates. SS4044P & SS4004P may be used interchangeably.
- enhances adhesion to: various factory applied paints including; fluoropolymer, acrylics, alkyds, powder coats, etc., most plastics, conversion-coated & painted aluminum, copper and brass and, SS4179 is also effective on some porous substrates; testing is recommended. SS4179 primer may be suitable for food contact applications where FDA regulations apply. Reference GE bulletin (4319) “Food Contact Applications Silicone Rubber Compounds”, for specific regulations, limitations and conditions of use. May prove useful on other items as well.
- A lower VOC formulation designed to enhance adhesion to: EIFS, anodized & painted aluminum, mill & conversion-coated aluminum, metals & galvanized metals, copper, brass, painted & stainless steel, brick, concrete, stone, terra cotta, plastics and wood. May prove useful on other items as well.
- A single application will typically suffice and is applied by brushing or wiping. Wiping off is not necessary. For smooth substrates (glass, metals, etc.) a wipe application is suggested. For porous and irregular materials (rough brick, non-smooth stone, etc.) a brush application is suggested.
SS4044P Product Data Sheet